What is an EB-1 visa?
EB-1 visas are held for foreigners of excellent ability. There are three classes of EB-1 visas accessible:
People with Extraordinary Ability
USCIS defines foreign nationals with extraordinary abilities as “people with extraordinary ability in technical studies, arts, education, business or sports which has been shown by sustained national or international recognition and whose accomplishments have been perceived in the field through extensive documentation.” This class is for individuals who have gotten the Nobel Prize or comparable honors. Notwithstanding, as there are very few individuals who get these honors, there are other methods of demonstrating your extraordinary ability.
To apply under this classification you should submit at any rate three of the accompanying requirements as narrative proof along with your application to USCIS:
- Receipt/Confirmation of lesser perceived prizes or grants for excellence.
- Participation in associations in your area, which requires the extraordinary accomplishment of their individuals.
- Articles published about you in significant distributions and other media.
- Evidence that you have judged others’ functions as an individual or committee.
- Verification that you have made unique commitments to your field.
- Verification that you have distributed articles about your field in significant publications and other media.
- Verification that your work has been displayed or shown in presentations.
- Confirm that you hold a main or critical role in a recognized association.
- Evidence that you get high payments for your work comparable to your colleagues.
- Proof of business achievement in the performing arts.
Outstanding Professors and Researchers (E12 Immigrants)
To be named a outstanding professor or researcher, you:
- Ought to be internationally recognized in your field.
- Ought to have at any rate three years of experience in exploration or instructing in your field.
- Ought to have a bid for employment from an authorized college/foundation for advanced education to work in a residency track teaching/comparable research position in your field.
- Your proposition for employment can likewise be for a permanent research position with a private organization, given the office/division/institute has employed at any rate three full-time researchers and has documented achievements in your academic field.
To apply under this classification, you should present any two of the accompanying documents as proof along with your application to USCIS:
- Receipt of significant prizes or awards for exceptional accomplishment.
- Participation in associations in your area, which request exceptional accomplishment from their members.
- Articles about you that have shown up in significant publications.
- Evidence that you have judged work of others in a similar region or associated academic field, either as an individual or on a panel.
- Verification that you have made original academic commitments to your field.
- Confirmation that articles composed by you have been published in significant publications
- Confirm that you have authored books regarding a matter in your specialized topic.
For Managers and Executives (E13 immigrants)
The Eb-1 category permits numerous multinational organizations to move their executives or managers to the US from their parent/partner/auxiliary/branch workplaces outside the US.
To apply under this classification, you should have documents to prove that:
- You have worked as a manager or executive in an overseas office of your U.S. sponsor for in any event one out of the three years going preceding the transfer to the US.
- You will join something very similar/associate/subsidiary/parent company in the U.S. as a director or administrator. You may as of now be in the U.S. with a non-immigrant visa status (under the L-1A or one of the E visa classifications).
- The U.S. Organization (your sponsor) should show that it has been a parent/subsidiary/associate/branch office of the organization abroad and leading business with it for in any event one year.
You don’t have to go through the immigration process alone. The dedicated team at Shankar & Associates P.C. can help. Call Shankar & Associates, P.C. today for an EB1 Immigration Lawyer.